happy birthday

"When I am... completely myself, entirely alone... or during the night when I cannot sleep, it is on such occasions that my ideas flow best and most abundantly. Whence and how these ideas come I know not nor can I force them.

It is a mistake to think that the practice of my art has become easy to me. I assure you, dear friend, nobody has devoted so much time and thought to compositions as I. There is scarcely a famous master whose works I have not frequently and diligently studied. A person of ordinary talent will always be ordinary, whether they travel or not; but one of superior talent will go to pieces if he remains forever in the same place.

I should like to know for what reason idleness is so popular with many young people that it is impossible to dissuade them from it either by words or by chastisements.

 ~

Today, is my birthday. The day I was born... 

...but the day I come alive, this...

...is coming.

As a little death; when we come to consider it closely, is the true goal of our existence...

~

All I insist on, and nothing else, is that you should show the whole world that you are not afraid. Be silent, if you choose; but when it is necessary, speak—and speak in such a way that people will remember it."


~ generally quoted,

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart


Comments